These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WAAF and/or WKAF (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 20 Guest Street, Brighton, MA 02135 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.WAAF.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or participate in this contest.
2. You may enter this contest starting at 8PM EST on Sunday March 16, 2014 through March 20, 2014 at 11:45am EST by going to www.waaf.com/bracket and click on the WAAF Bracket Challenge contest tab. You will then be redirected to the contest website, administered by UPICKEM. Each participant must complete the registration process and complete the entire bracket in order to become eligible to play.
3. Once you register, your member ID will be the email address you provided and you will then be given the opportunity to fill out your men’s college basketball bracket which must be submitted by 11:45am EST on March 20, 2014. Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. Players may make as many changes as they desire to their selections until 11:45am on March 20th. After March 20th at 11:45am, no further changes may be made to an entrant’s selection. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc. which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
4. FAILURE TO COMPLETE ALL BRACKETS AND SUCCESSFULLY SAVE YOUR SELECTIONS BY 11:45AM EST ON MARCH 20, 2014 WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR ENTIRE ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST.
5. The registration is a simple five-part process that involves age and email verification, contact information, team name creation, and password selection. The registration system will be available shortly after the bracket pairings are announced on Sunday, March 16, 2014 and will allow you to set-up your account and work on and print the brackets available to date…however, you will not be able to enter this contest or may not be able to save any of your picks until contest entry actual starts on March 16th (after the play-in games are over). Station strongly recommends that you set up your registration account, become familiar with the contest website and start working on and print out your selections before contest entry begins…however, this is not required in order to enter the contest.
6. Making Selections. Select the team that you believe will be the winner of each game of each round of the tournament by 11:45am EST on March 20, 2014 (i.e., the round of 64 teams) and complete any information/guesses indicated as tie-breaker questions. You must select a winner for each game and provide all requested tiebreaker information or your entry will not be accepted.
7. Limit one (1) entry per registration and limit of one (1) registration per email address.
How to Win
8. This contest requires that you determine who you think will win each round of the entire tournament before the first round of games begins. After March 20, 2014 at 11:45am no further changes to your tournament bracket will be permitted.
9. Each round of the tournament is worth up to 64 points. There are 6 rounds in the tournament worth up to 384 points. You will receive 2 points for each First Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 4 points for each Second Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 8 points for each Third Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 16 points for each Fourth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 32 points for each Fifth Round game you pick correctly. You will receive 64 points for picking the winner of the Championship game. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
10. At the end of the entire tournament, on or about April 8, 2014, players will be ranked according to their cumulative point score. The player with the most points at the end of the tournament wins the grand prize.
11. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more players, one winning player will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
a. Tiebreaker # 1: The tied player who picked the championship game winner correctly. If a tie still exists, those remaining tied players will proceed to Tiebreaker # 2
b. Tiebreaker # 2: With respect to the players who remain tied after Tie-breaker # 1, the following "Score Approximation Formula" will be applied:
i. the score guessed for the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself,
ii. the Score guessed for the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself,
iii. the result in (i) is added to the result in (ii) to obtain the "Score Approximation."
iv. The tied participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner.
v. If a tie remains after this tiebreaker round, the winner will be broken based on Tiebreaker # 3.
c. Tiebreaker # 3 through # 7: If there is still a tie after Tiebreaker # 3, any further ties will be broken based on the following criteria in this order until there is only one remaining winning player:
1. Tiebreaker # 3: The most points earned in the Fifth Round.
2. Tiebreaker # 4: The most points earned in the Fourth Round.
3. Tiebreaker # 5: The most points earned in the Third Round.
4. Tiebreaker # 6: The most points earned in the Second Round.
5. Tiebreaker # 7: The most points earned in the First Round.
d. Tiebreaker # 8: If there is still a tie after Tiebreaker #7, one of the then-remaining tied players will be randomly selected as the contest winner.
12. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF ANY OF THE REQUIRED TIE-BREAKERS LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT COMPLETED IN THE ENTRY FORM BY A TIED PARTICIPANT (SOME TIEBREAKERS LISTED ABOVE REQUIRE FILLING OUT SPECIFIC INFORMATION THAT IS SEPARATE FROM THE BRACKETS), THAT TIED ENTRANT WILL BE DEEMED A LOSER OF THAT TIE-BREAKER (ELIMINATED) UNLESS ALL OF THE TIED ENTRANTS FAILED TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED INFORMATION..IN WHICH CASE, ALL TIED ENTRANTS WILL CONTINUE TO THE NEXT TIE-BREAKING ROUND.
13. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
14. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this contest. The verified Grand Prize winner will receive $500 payable via check.
Odds of Winning
15. Odds of winning grand prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative College Hoops knowledge of all entrants.
16. This contest is sponsored by Entercom Boston, LLC and RCN.
Other Rules specific to this contest
18. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score (as set forth above) to be a weekly winner in this contest.
19. Only one entry per UPICKEM account. Only one UPICKEM account per email address. Creating a UPICKEM account requires email verification.
20. Employees of UPICKEM and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. A
21. This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook or the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any basketball name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement. This contest is not affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA or any NCAA basketball team nor Facebook.
22. This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.